Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Meet our ST Stylist Lorna Collins!

“Hello everyone!
I’m Lorna, an eighteen year old student who’s studying Fashion Promotion in September. Some things I can’t go a day without are: good music, incessant amounts of tea and reading fashion magazines and blogs. Being picked as a Motel Street Team Stylist is super exciting for me and perfect as I absolutely love the entire Motel Rocks store... No exaggeration. My blog, Girl in Albion, is a mixed bag of things ranging from my personal style to favourite brands (featuring Motel Rocks - of course!) and trends that are catching my eye at the moment.
It’s difficult to pin down but I’d say my style is a combination of marshmallow cute with a slight rock ‘n’ roll edge whenever I’m feeling like it. It’s inspired by whatever I see in magazines and stick onto my walls in the spur of the moment – I have pictures of punk heroine Debbie Harry to dainty and graceful Audrey Hepburn. One day I’ll be all about the pastel ice cream colour palette and the next day I’ll be in a world of leather and studs.  The best thing is being able to mix them together and experiment with my style.

My favourite summer trends involve floral prints, lemon sorbet and mint hues and anything covered with daisies!  This is where Motel Rocks comes in with their wonderful summer-themed items. I can’t stop looking at the Penny Babydoll Dress in Daisy Appliqué, it fits in with the monochrome trend AND features daisy appliqué detailing around the neckline and sleeves – insanely cute and a definite must-have. I’m also lusting after the Dora Frayed Denim Short in Blue Marble Print after buying the dress version. The vibrant tie dye print would be perfect paired with a 90’s crop top at a festival or on the beach!

If you’d like to see more of my never-ending wishlists or my outfit posts, head over to my blog and don’t forget(!) you can get a massive 20% off when you enter my code ‘girlinalbion’ at the checkout. Why not treat yourself to that item you can’t stop staring at!?
What are your favourite Motel Rocks pieces this summer?”

1 comment: