Pages

Monday 1 July 2013

Guest post from Parklife by Behind the Score


Here at the Street Team we had one of our fab festival reporters Sophie from "Behind the Score"blog 
attend the Parklife festival. Looks like she had an amazing time, check it out! 
On June 8th, my friends and I headed off to Manchester's Heaton Park to kickstart the festival season with Parklife.
 I've been to a few festivals in my time, but never one that was non-camping - so I didn't really know what to expect, and how my days would plan out.

There were certainly benefits of this; I could shower, have access to curlers and be able to take as many clothes and accessories as I wanted!

My case was overly organised, with planned outfits (and spares - weather depending of course), an overflowing bag of jewellery and a spectrum of lipsticks - I was satisfied that I was prepared to take on Parklife!
The festival itself really amazed me. 
 I've never been in a space with so many beautiful people before.  It was lovely to see that everyone had made such an effort to impress - from the festival organisers to the festival go-ers themselves.


With the weather in such good spirits, it was a great opportunity for everyone to get their legs out, ditch their wellies and come together as a union to embrace the music!

As much as I was highly focused and tuned in to the line-up - as some of my favourite singers, djs, and bands were playing - my attention was switched to the people. The people that chose to style themselves, making them stand out from the rest.
Now as you may have seen in a previous post, I was given the opportunity from Motel Rocks to snap some of my favourite outfits of the weekend, and give out some goodies in the process.

Check their festival shop out here
Here are some of my favourites:

Playsuit - Urban Outfitters
Trainers - Saucony 
Kimono - Topshop
Dress - Topshop 
Lace Top - Topshop
Dungarees - Vintage
Belt - Zara
Top - H&M
Shorts - Vintage
Shoes - Dr Martens
I had a lovely time speaking to people, and seeing all of the festival fashion, as it really is something in itself. I found that people express themselves more freely at festivals, and with the weather so beautiful, it certainly didn't give any limitations!

MY OUTFITS 
Shorts - Levis
Top - H&M
Kimono - Miss Selfridge
Shoes - Converse
Oversized Tee - H&M
Jewellery - Vintage
Shoes - Converse
Sunglasses - Raybans
Hope you enjoyed my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment